URBAN OUTFITTERS MAKE IT DESIGN COMPETITION: HOLIDAY GIFT SHOP 14
Urban Outfitters is an eclectic lifestyle retailer dedicated to inspiring customers through a unique combination of product, creativity, and cultural understanding. Founded in 1970 in a small space across the street from the University of Pennsylvania, Urban Outfitters now operates over 200 stores in the United States, Canada and Europe offering experiential retail environments and an eclectic mix of curated women\'s, men\'s, accessories and home product assortments.
For more information visit Urban Outfitters on the web at www.urbanoutfitters.com
The 2014 Make It Holiday Gift Shop will feature works from carefully selected designers, artists and craftspeople from around the world. Using a variety of mediums, including leather, yarn, metal and wood, these designers will create pieces inspired by their own lifestyles and the spirit of giving. A special Gift Shop for a special time of yearÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¦can you MAKE IT?
Design an amazing, gift-worthy sweater.
WOMENÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½S COLD WEATHER SET
Design a cold weather set featuring a hat, scarf & gloves.
WOMENÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½S LEATHER BAG
Design a covetable leather bag.
Design the ultimate statement piece to complete any holiday look.
Design the perfect storage piece that can be placed on a vanity or tabletop.
Surprise Us! Your submission can be anything you would give to a loved one during the Holiday season.
TECHNICAL SPECS MUST INCLUDE:
Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¢ Sketch, CAD or Illustrator-rendered technical drawings of all sides
Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¢ All size dimensions
Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¢ Construction information (if applicable)
Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¢ Specifications for all fabric types, trims, wood, metals, hardware, paint, stitching and embellishment (if applicable)
Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¢ Pantone color # for all colors used
Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã�Â¢ Reference images and qualities for any special construction or decorative techniques
20% faithfulness to brief
Sixteen contest submissions (number ranging from each category) will receive a cash prize in the form of a check for One Thousand dollars ($1,000) and an Urban Outfitters gift card in the amount of Five Hundred Dollars ($500). The winning designs will be produced by and sold in select Urban Outfitters stores & online at Urbanoutfitters.com with special swings tag featuring the winning designers\' names.
Open to entries from December 4 2013 TO DEADLINE January 20 2014
Submit your entry design and technical spec by uploading it on to the ARTS THREAD site.
Register here http://www.artsthread.com/register
To be entered in the competition, tick the Urban Outfitters Holiday Gift Shop 14 Competition box on the ARTS THREAD register form.
Urban Outfitters will choose the winners from the entries uploaded onto the ARTS THREAD site and prize winners will be informed by email.
Late entries will NOT be judged.
The Competition is open to United States, UK and International design students and graduates and ARTS THREAD members. Applicants may not be in full-time employment.
Full Terms & Conditions apply, please visit:
URBAN OUTFITTERS COMPETITION TERMS AND CONDITIONS
By entering into the Urban Outfitters Make It Design Competition (the Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½CompetitionÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½) and ticking the box marked \'Urban Outfitters Holiday Gift Shop 14 Competition\' on the Website register form, entrants agree to be bound by the following Terms & Conditions:
1. The Competition opens on December 4 2013 (Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½Opening DateÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½) and closes at midnight EDT on January 20 2014 (Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½Closing DateÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½). No entries will be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Entries are limited to one (1) entry per person. Entries which are not in accordance with these Terms and Conditions are invalid. Entries comprising of anything which is obscene or vulgar, abusive, harmful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, invasive, profane or otherwise unlawful shall be deemed to be invalid.
2. In order to enter into the Competition, entrants must:
a. design a Holiday Gift Shop 14 product, in accordance with the Competition Brief;
b. register your details to create an account on www.artsthread.com (the Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½WebsiteÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½);
c. tick the box marked \'Urban Outfitters Holiday Gift Shop 14 Competition\' on the Website register form.
d. upload your design and technical spec onto the Website, subject always to the Terms and Conditions of the Website; and
e. send an email setting out your name to email@example.com to confirm your entry
(collectively, the Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½EntryÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½).
Entrants should take into consideration the Competition Brief before submitting their Entry. The Competition Brief is available on the Website.
3. There will be sixteen winners. The prizes shall consist of the following:
a. Sixteen prizes shall consist of a cash prize in the form of a check for One Thousand dollars ($1,000) and an Urban Outfitters gift card in the amount of Five Hundred Dollars ($500) and the Winning designs will be produced by and sold in select Urban Outfitters stores & online at Urbanoutfitters.com.
(collectively, the Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½PrizeÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½).
4. The Competition is open to the following individuals:
a. Any student or graduate of an undergraduate or postgraduate degree from an established higher-educational institution; and
b. Any graduate not in full-time employment.
The following are not eligible to enter the Competition: the employees of (i) Urban Outfitters and its franchises, subsidiaries, agents and advisors and their families; and (iii) any other company, organization or person assisting or connected with the promotion.
5. The Competition shall be judged by panel comprised of representatives of Urban Outfitters (the Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½PanelÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½).
The Panel shall select the Final Entries (the Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½FinalistsÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½) who shall be notified by February 07 2014. The Entries shall be judged by the Panel on the basis of the criteria set out in the Competition Brief.
6. Your Entry must not infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party. This includes the use of third party trademarks, images and/or copyright. By submitting your Entry, you warrant that the work comprising the Entry was created by you. Your Entry shall not comprise of anything which is obscene or vulgar, offensive, abusive, harmful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, invasive of anotherÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½s privacy, sexually or racially or ethically or religiously insulting, harassing, abusive, profane or otherwise unlawful. All Entries will be screened by the Website and the Website reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to remove and/or disqualify any Entry from which it believes is in breach of this clause, or any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions.
7. By submitting your Entry, you warrant that you shall procure the necessary consents, licenses and other such authorizations from any third party (including without limitation any models or members of the public) that may form part of your Entry.
8. If your Entry is selected as a Final Entry, you agree to complete a technical spec in a time frame to be confirmed by Urban Outfitters.
9. If your Entry is selected as a Final Entry, you hereby grant Urban Outfitters (and its authorized partners) an exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide license to use your Entry in all media for the purposes of:
a. administering, marketing and promoting this Competition;
b. marketing and promoting future competitions held by Urban Outfitters; and
c. marketing and promoting Urban Outfitters,
(collectively, Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½Marketing and Promotional PurposesÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½).
10. EntrantsÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½ names may appear on Entries reproduced for Marketing and Promotional Purposes.
11. If your Entry is selected as a Final Entry, you hereby grant Urban Outfitters (and its authorized partners) an exclusive, irrevocable, worldwide license to use your Entry for the purposes of producing and selling the Entry design in Urban Outfitters stores and online at Urbanoutfitters.com.
12. No purchase of any kind is necessary to enter into this Competition.
13. The Prize may be altered or varied at the sole discretion of Urban Outfitters and substituted with a prize which, in the sole opinion of Urban Outfitters, is a suitable alternative.
14. Urban Outfitters, and other company, organization or person assisting or connected with the Competition shall not be liable for any claims or complaints of any nature in respect to the Prize or to the Entries, to the fullest extent that this is permissible by law.
15. Urban Outfitters will contact the winners with further details of how to claim the Prize after the close of the Competition.
16. Urban Outfitters reserves the right to withdraw or amend the Competition and these Terms and Conditions in the event of any unforeseen circumstances outside of its reasonable control or if in its absolute discretion considers it necessary.
17. Urban Outfitters reserves the right to amend the Entry design to a reasonable extent, for the purposes of meeting manufacturing costs or time scales, with the final decision at the sole discretion of Urban Outfitters.
18. The winners agree to take part in post-Competition publicity at the request of Urban Outfitters.
19 Information regarding personal data which is provided by you when you enter will be processed in a database for the purpose of managing entry into the Competition. Such information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated in these Terms and Conditions or as separately accepted by you. If you have separately agreed to receive communications from Urban Outfitters or a third party, then your personal data may be used by them for such purposes, including direct marketing. Any personal data that you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the 1998 Data Protection Act.
20. Entrants accept that the Website is offered on an Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½as isÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½ and Ã�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½as availableÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½ basis. Urban Outfitters does not warrant that the Website will be uninterrupted, timely, secure or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Website or the server that makes it available are free of software viruses or bugs or other defects. Urban Outfitters has no control over, and disclaims all responsibility for, any content which Entrants may encounter, or events which may occur as a result of any EntrantÃ�Â¢Ã¯Â¿Â½Ã¯Â¿Â½s use of the Website, to the fullest extent permitted by law, and Urban Outfitters shall not be liable for any damages or other losses of any type whatsoever incurred by Entrants as a result of their use of the Website. Urban Outfitters shall not be responsible for any Entry that cannot be uploaded on to the Website.
21. The Promoter of this Competition is Urban Outfitters, Contests@urbanoutfitters.com Urban Outfitters, 5000 South Broad Street, Philadelphia PA 19112-1495