URBAN OUTFITTERSÃ�Â® x PORTLANDIA SWEEPSTAKES
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR JURISDICTION OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS OLDER, AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID IN PUERTO RICO, OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES, AND WHERE PROHIBITED OR RESTRICTED BY LAW.
1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. The Urban OutfittersÃ�Â® x Portlandia Sweepstakes (Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½SweepstakesÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½) starts at 12:01 A.M., ET on 1/24/2014 and ends at 11:59 P.M., ET on 2/12/2014 (Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½Sweepstakes PeriodÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½). To enter, visit http://contests.urbanoutfitters.com/uoxportlandia during the Sweepstakes Period and follow the instruction prompts to complete and submit the registration form. Upon completion and submission of the registration form, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. All required fields must be completed or your entry will not be eligible. All entries must be received by 11:59 P.M., ET on 2/12/2014. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. You may only enter online. All entries become property of Urban Outfitters, Inc. and will not be returned. Limit: Only one (1) entry per person, regardless of e-mail address used; additional entries will be disqualified. Entries must be submitted by the contestant; automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, or any other methods will void that participant's plays and/or entries, and that participant may be disqualified at SponsorÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s discretion. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive email address will be disqualified and ineligible to win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player.
2. PRIZE & ODDS OF WINNING: GRAND PRIZE (1): One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive (1) trip for two consisting of: roundtrip coach airfare for two (2) persons departing from the major airport nearest to WinnerÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s U.S. residence to Austin, TX on or about March 10, 2014; four (4) nights of hotel accommodations at a Sponsor selected hotel; two (2) general admission passes to a festival in Austin, TX; two (2) passes to attend the IFC Portlandia Panel Event; two (2) passes to attend the Urban Outfitters Back Lot Showcase; one (1) Urban Outfitters Gift Card of two-thousand dollars ($2,000). Total Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of Prize: $6,000. NOTE: Urban Outfitters gift card is not redeemable for cash; see front and back of gift card for additional terms and conditions. Prize may not be substituted, except Sponsor may substitute prize with one of equal or greater value. All federal, state and local taxes (including but not limited to income and sales taxes), fees, costs and expenses not expressly states herein are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won. Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the appropriate retail value of prize. Tickets, passes and/or VIP badges will not be refundable or redeemable for cash or credit at any time, nor will they be replaced if lost or stolen. Tickets, passes and/or VIP badges may not be sold to a third party. Grand Prizes and any of the above listed components may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, substituted, commissioned or redeemed for cash value. Grand Prize trip must be taken on dates specified by Sponsor or prize will be forfeited. All travel must be completed by April 1, 2014. Dates of departure and return are subject to change. In the event the 2014 festival is cancelled or postponed for reasons out of SponsorÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s control, that portion of prize and all associated portions will not be awarded and no additional compensation will be provided. Actual value of Grand Prizes will depend on point of departure, dates of travel and any airfare fluctuations and any difference in value will not be awarded. Airline carrier and agent to be selected by Sponsor at its sole discretion. Grand Prize winners and respective guests must travel together on the same itinerary and air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken by each Grand Prize winner and guest together. Once trip dates have been booked, no extension or substitution of trip dates is permitted, except at SponsorÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s sole discretion. Once travel has been confirmed, any cancellation or change fees or restructuring of the trip are the sole responsibility of each Grand Prize winner. If a Grand Prize winner is a resident of a jurisdiction that deems him/her to be a minor, he/she must be accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian, and such person must accompany Grand Prize winner on trip as the guest. Guests must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18) unless accompanied by his/her parent/legal guardian (who must be a Grand Prize winner). Grand Prize winners and guests are solely responsible for providing all necessary identification documents and will be responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents (i.e., valid photo ID, etc.). Failure to provide such documents may result in trip cancellation upon airport check-in. Each Grand Prize winner and/or his/her guest must have/present at least one major credit card in good standing in order to check into hotel. The Grand Prize trip restrictions/conditions stated herein are not all-inclusive and may be subject to additional restrictions/conditions, which may be stated in the affidavit (described below) and/or winner's travel documents. In the event a winner resides within 150 miles of Austin, TX, ground transportation will be provided in lieu of air transportation and no additional compensation will be provided. Sponsor is not responsible for lost or stolen tickets/passes/itinerary/identification, etc. Grand Prize winners are solely responsible for all federal, state and local taxes and any other costs, incidentals, and any other expenses associated with Grand Prize acceptance and use not specifically mentioned as being provided, including but not limited to unspecified ground transportation and/or luggage handling between winner's home and airport, and items not included as part of the winning Grand Prize package. The following are the sole responsibility of each Grand Prize winner and his/her guest: travel insurance; room service; laundry service; spa treatments; alcoholic beverages, unspecified meals; local and long distance telephone calls; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; additional tips and gratuities; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein. All other expenses and incidentals not specifically mentioned as being included are excluded and are each Grand Prize winnerÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s sole responsibility. Grand Prizes are non-commissionable and no substitutions, transfers, or cash equivalents for the Grand Prize (or prize component) are permitted, except that Sponsor may substitute prize component of equal value for any reason. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions are permitted, except by Sponsor (as defined below) who reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize of equal or greater value, if prize becomes unavailable. The winners will be solely responsible for all applicable federal, state and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize awarded.
Limit : One (1) Prize per person or household address. Odds of winning depend on number of eligible entries received. Winner is subject to the eligibility requirements set forth in Paragraph three and compliance with these Official Rules.
3. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older, as of 12:01 A.M., ET on 2/12/2014. Officers, directors, and employees (including members of their household or their immediate family members, i.e. parent, spouse, child or sibling and persons residing with them) of Sponsor, IFC TV LLC, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, advertising/promotion and/or fulfillment agencies and all other companies or entities associated with the Sweepstakes (hereinafter collectively referred to as Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½Sweepstakes Entities") are not eligible to participate or win.
potential WINNER IS subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decision is final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrantÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s eligibility HAS been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete .
4. RANDOM DRAWING: On or about 2/12/2014, the name of a potential Grand Prize Winner will be selected in a random drawing conducted by Sponsor from among all of the eligible entries received. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified by email on or about 2/24/2014. SponsorÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s decisions will be final in all matters pertaining to this Sweepstakes.
The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release and where legal, a publicity release and federal and state tax release (Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½Affidavit and ReleasesÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½), and return same, properly executed, within three (3) days of notification. Failure to return documents as specified, or if prize notification is returned as undeliverable, will result in the entrant being disqualified, and the prize will be awarded to a potential alternate winner. If a potential Winner cannot be contacted in person via email, telephone, and/or registered mail after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the Affidavit and Releases and any other documentation that may be required by Sponsor within the required time period (if applicable), or in the event that a potential Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only one (1) alternate drawing will be held, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
5. GENERAL/INTERNET: By entering the Sweepstakes, entrants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and by decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. Sponsor's computer is the official time keeping device for this Sweepstakes. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, as solely determined by Sponsor, will be disqualified and may be subject to prosecution. SponsorÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; or (b) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof) and award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond SponsorÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a potential Winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
6. RELEASE AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrantÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. Sweepstakes Entities are not responsible for illegible, unintelligible, late, lost or stolen entries or incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes or by any technical or human errors which may occur in the processing of any entries in this Sweepstakes. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes at random from all legitimate, un-awarded, eligible entries.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANTS AGREE THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, OR PROPERTY RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO TRAVEL CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS DUE TO ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED Ã¢ï¿½ï¿½AS ISÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½ WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
7. PUBLICITY. EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, WINNER GRANTS TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), THEIR SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, RETAILERS, DISTRIBUTORS, ADVERTISING AND SWEEPSTAKES AGENCIES, SUPPLIERS, AND THOSE ACTING PURSUANT TO ITS AUTHORITY, THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLDWIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, WINNERÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½S NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION. ENTRANTS AGREE THAT SPONSOR SHALL OWN THE ENTRIES, WHICH WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED OR RETURNED.
8. DISPUTES/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania or the appropriate Court located in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneysÃ¢ï¿½ï¿½ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
10. WINNERS LIST: To see the Grand Prize Winner, go to contests.urbanoutfitters.com after 3/10/2014.
SPONSOR: Urban Outfitters, Inc., 5000 S Broad St. Philadelphia, PA 19112-1495
Ã�Â© 2014 Urban Outfitters, Inc. Ã�Â® and other logos or trademarks listed herein are trademarks of is Urban Outfitters and/or other companies in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.