URBAN OUTFITTERS' "GET OUT THERE" INSTAGRAM CONTEST - SPONSORED IN CONJUNCTION WITH LONELY PLANET
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE (NINETEEN (19) YEARS OF AGE IN ALABAMA AND NEBRASKA, TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE IN MISSISSIPPI) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID OUTSIDE THE FIFTY UNITED STATES (INCLUDING THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, EXCLUDING PUERTO RICO) AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. HOW TO ENTER: No purchase necessary. The "Get Out There" Instagram Contest ("Contest"), which is sponsored by Urban Outfitters, Inc. and Lonely Planet Publications, Inc. ("Sponsors") starts at 12:01 A.M., ET on 6/30/2014 and ends at 11:59 P.M., ET on 7/27/2014 ("Contest Period"). To enter, (a) visit http://contests.urbanoutfitters.com/GetOutThere during the Contest Period; (b)follow the instructions to download the Urban On App (c) sign up for the "Urban On" service; (d) link your Instagram® account to the Urban On App; (e) follow @urbanoutfitters on Instagram; and (f) post a photo of your most epic travel adventure that meets the requirements set out in Section 2 below and include the hashtag #UOxLP in the caption field ("Photo"). Upon posting of the Photo to the Urban On App with the appropriate hashtag as set out above, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry into the Contest. You must have an Instagram® account to enter and have your account privacy settings set to "Off" until August 27, 2014. If you do not have an Instagram account, you can get one for free at www.Instagram.com. When signing up for the Urban On service, entrants must agree to receive email and other marketing communications from Urban Outfitters; however, after signing up for the Urban On service, you have the option of opting out from receiving future commercial communications from Urban Outfitters. The Urban On App is only available for iPhone 4, 4S, 5 5C, or 5S, and iPod Touch 4 and 5 generations that are running iOS7 or later. Normal Internet, phone and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply. All requirements must be completed or your entry will not be eligible. All entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. ET on 7/27/2014. Incomplete, illegible, corrupted or untimely entries are void and will be disqualified. All entries become property of Sponsors and will not be returned. Entries must be submitted by the participant; automated or bulk entries or entries submitted by third parties will be disqualified. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, Instagram accounts, Urban On accounts, or any other similar methods will void that participant's plays and/or entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsors' discretion. Entries specifying an invalid, non-working, or inactive Instagram or Urban On account will be disqualified and ineligible to win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the user account used to complete the challenge will be deemed to be the registrant or player. This Contest is in no way endorsed, sponsored, administered by, or associated with Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter. Subject to all local, state, and federal laws, regulations, and ordinances.
2. PHOTO CONTENT REQUIREMENTS: (a) The Photo must be an original, previously unpublished work and must not contain any third party copyrighted material, nor any obscene, defamatory or illegal material; (b) the Photo must be of satisfactory quality (i.e., brightness, focus, etc.), which will be determined by the Sponsors at their sole discretion; (c) the Photo may not contain or refer to any third parties; and (d) the entrant should be able to provide on request all appropriate clearances, permissions and releases for the Photo. In the event an entrant cannot provide all required releases, Sponsors reserves the right, in Sponsors' sole discretion, to disqualify the applicable Photo, or seek to secure the releases and clearances for Sponsors' benefit, or allow the applicable Photo to remain as an eligible entry in the Contest. Unless expressly noted otherwise, the following requirements apply to all Photos: (i) the Photo must be not have been previously published or entered into any contests; (ii) the Photo(s) must have been taken by you, or a person from whom you have obtained all of the necessary permissions and releases; (iii) the Photo must not contain any third parties; and (iv) the Photo has not been re-purposed or previously published or distributed in any media.
Propriety of a Photo's Content : A Photo: (i) cannot show, contain, mention, depict, refer or otherwise allude to the name or logo of any retailer, manufacturer, brand, product, store, place of business, person, company or character (except those of the Sponsors), regardless of whether or not it is a competitor of Sponsors or competes with any of Sponsors' products; (ii) cannot show, contain materials, mention, depict, name, refer or otherwise allude to or show the likeness of any person, whether living or dead, except for the entrant; (iii) cannot contain, mention, refer or otherwise allude to any sexually explicit or suggestive, obscene, lewd, violent, illegal, offensive, disparaging or inappropriate words, abbreviations, language, signs, products, poses, behavior, symbols, political, personal and/or religious references or statements, (including, but not limited to, words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group; (iv) cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (v) cannot in any manner defame, misrepresent, contain disparaging remarks or reflect negatively about Sponsors, their products, or other people, products or companies or their products, or in any way reflect negatively upon such parties or explicitly or implicitly communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sponsors wishes to be associated, as determined by the Sponsors in their sole discretion; (vi) cannot contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses, without permission; (vii) cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; (viii) cannot depict any, and cannot itself be in, violation of any law; (ix) cannot show entrant in a sports team uniform on camera, or mention a team name and (x) must otherwise be in compliance with all of the provisions of these Official Rules as stated herein. The posting of a Photo to the Urban On App pursuant to the above instructions does not mean the Photo has been deemed to be in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsors reserve the right at any time during the Contest Period, without notice to the entrant who posted the Photo, to remove the posting of a Photo from any website controlled by Sponsors that Sponsors determine, in their sole discretion, does not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contains prohibited or inappropriate content and in the event of such removal, the Photo will be disqualified and will not be eligible to compete for the Prize.
3. REPRESENTATIONS/ WARRANTIES; GRANTS/WAIVERS; AND INDEMNIFICATION/RELEASE.
(A) REPRESENTATIONS/WARRANTIES : By registering and uploading a Photo to the Urban On App, you represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal capacity to enter this Contest and meet all eligibility requirements set forth in Section 7 below; (ii) your Photo does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; (iv) the Photo has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; (v) the Photo has not been re-purposed or previously published or distributed in any media; (vi) you have obtained permission from each person who has in any way participated in or whose efforts have in any way contributed to the creation or production of the Photo, and that such person(s) has granted you all necessary rights regarding the use or submission of the Photo, and you can and will make written copies of such permissions available to Sponsors upon request. If such person is a minor, such grant of rights must include written permission from the minor's parent or legal guardian; and (vii) the Photo does not and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
(B) GRANTS/WAIVERS : By submitting an entry, you agree that such entry, communications, or submissions, creative suggestions, ideas, notes, concepts, or other materials ("Submissions") that you may submit to Sponsors or post to the Urban On App connection with this Contest, including all rights embodied therein, whether sent via the website, electronic mail, or some other means, with the exception of personally identifiable information as identified in Sponsors' privacy policies (available at http://www.lonelyplanet.com/legal/privacy-policy/ and http://www.urbanoutfitters.com/urban/help/privacy_security.jsp) are deemed to be non-confidential and non-proprietary and Sponsors shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such Submissions. Sponsors shall be free to edit, exploit, modify, publish, reproduce, use, disclose, disseminate, and distribute the Submissions to others without limitation in any and all media now know or not currently known, throughout the world, in perpetuity for any purpose without compensation, notification, or permission to entrant or any third party. You hereby grant Sponsors a royalty-free, irrevocable, and worldwide, in perpetuity license to use the Submissions in any form or format and to modify the same, and acknowledge and agree that if Sponsors do use the Submissions, you shall not be entitled to any credit, consideration, notice, or payments of any kind. You understand and agree that although you have granted Sponsors the right to use or reuse your Submissions as stated hereinabove, Sponsors, in their sole discretion, may elect not to so use any said Submissions. YOU REPRESENT, UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE PAID FOR OR RECEIVE ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION OR ROYALTY IN EXCHANGE FOR GRANTING SPONSOR THESE RIGHTS OR FOR ANY SUBSEQUENT USE, POSTING, DISPLAY OR EXHIBIT OF SUCH PHOTO BY SPONSOR (OTHER THAN THE PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED TO THE WINNER). You hereby waive all intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might limit or preclude Sponsors' use of the Photo and agree not to sue or assert any claim against Sponsors, arising out of or connected to the use, posting, display or exhibit of the Photo or your participation in this Contest. You agree that if Sponsors elects to use Submissions for any purpose, all rights under copyright or other intellectual property rights which may result from that relating to your Submissions or use of the same by the Sponsors shall be the sole property of the Sponsors. You further agree that if Sponsors elects to use your Submissions, you will execute any documents requested by the Sponsors regarding this assignment.
Except where prohibited by law, participation in the Contest constitutes winner's grant to Sponsors (which grant will be confirmed in writing upon request of Sponsors) and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the "Contest Parties") the right and permission to print, publish, broadcast, and use, worldwide in any media now known or hereafter developed, including, but not limited to, the worldwide web, at any time or times, the Grand Prize Winner's entry, name, portrait, picture, voice, likeness, opinions, and biographical information (including, but not limited to, hometown and state) for advertising, trade, and promotional purposes (including the announcement of his/her name on television or radio broadcast) without additional consideration, compensation, permission, or notification.
(C) INDEMNIFICATION/RELEASE : By participating in this Contest, you agree that Sponsors, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and their respective parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing, website providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the "Released Parties")will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by you against, any liability for any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind to persons, including personal injury or death, or property resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, misuse, or use of any prize, entry, or participation in this Contest or in any Contest-related activity, or any claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, or merchandise delivery. The Released Parties are not responsible if any prize cannot be awarded due to cancellations, delays, or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather, or terrorism. By participating in this Contest, you agree that the Released Parties will not be responsible or liable for any injuries, damages, or losses of any kind, including direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages to persons, including death, or to property arising out of access to and use of any website or application associated with this Contest or the downloading from and/or printing material downloaded from such site.
You further agree to indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of them due to or arising out of your Submissions, uploading, posting, display or exhibit of the Photo, or other actions in connection with this Contest, including, but not limited to, claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; work product, violation of an individual's right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation. You further agree to release and hold harmless the Released Parties from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsors infringes your rights with regard to the Photo or any portion thereof. As stated above, posting or publication of a Photo does not mean that Sponsors has determined the Photo is in compliance with these Official Rules. Photos that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion may be disqualified and removed from the website belonging to or controlled by Sponsors at any time.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS CONTEST, INCLUDING EACH WEBSITE AND MOBILE APPLICATION ASSOCIATED WITH THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES, ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
4. NATURE OF RELATIONSHIP/WAIVER OF EQUITABLE RELIEF: Each entrant understands and acknowledges that Sponsors have wide access to ideas, designs, and other materials, and that new ideas are constantly being submitted to it or being developed by their own employees. Each entrant also acknowledges that many ideas may be competitive with, similar or identical to the Submission and/or each other in theme, idea, format or other respects. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that such entrant will not be entitled to any compensation as a result of Sponsors' use of any such similar or identical material. Each entrant acknowledges and agrees that the Sponsors do not now and shall not have in the future any duty or liability, direct or indirect, vicarious, contributory, or otherwise, with respect to the infringement or protection of the copyright in and to the Submission. Finally, each entrant acknowledges that, with respect to any claim by entrant relating to or arising out of Sponsors' actual or alleged exploitation or use of any Submission or other material submitted in connection with the Contest, the damage, if any, thereby caused to the applicable entrant will not be irreparable or otherwise sufficient to entitle such entrant to seek injunctive or other equitable relief or in any way enjoin the production, distribution, exhibition or other exploitation of the Submission or any material based on or allegedly based on the Submission, and the entrant's rights and remedies in any such event shall be strictly limited to the right to recover damages, if any, in an action at law.
5. JUDGING AND WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: (A) CRITERIA: Sponsors will judge each eligible Photo based on the following criteria: creativity, originality, style, and capturing the Contest's theme.
(B) JUDGING PROCESS: Commencing on or about 8/1/2014, the Contest Judges will review and evaluate eligible Photos according to the criteria stated above and the Photo that receives the highest score will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified on or about 8/8/2014 via their Instagram or Urban On accounts.
(C) WINNER NOTIFICATION AND VERIFICATION: If the potential Grand Prize Winner does not respond within 72 hours after the first attempt to notify him/her that he/she has been selected to receive a prize, that potential Grand Prize Winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize and the entrant with the next highest score will be selected as a winner in his/her place. Any alternate potential Grand Prize Winner will also have 72 hours to claim the prize, and must satisfy all eligibility requirements.
Except where legally prohibited, each potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to complete and return, within three (3) days of being notified, an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release in order to claim his/her prize. If the potential Grand Prize Winner fails to sign and return the Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility, Liability & Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), or if potential Grand Prize Winner and his/her companion are unavailable to travel within any time period specified by Sponsors, or in the event that a potential Grand Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, the potential Grand Prize Winner will be deemed to have forfeited the prize, and the entrant with the next highest score will be selected as an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner. Noncompliance with the foregoing, failure to abide by these Official Rules, or return of the prize notification as non-deliverable may result in disqualification and naming of an alternate potential Grand Prize Winner. Only two (2) alternate winner selections will be made, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
POTENTIAL GRAND PRIZE WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSORS, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
6. PRIZES & ODDS OF WINNING: GRAND PRIZE (1): One (1) Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) G Adventures "Mayan Encounter" guided tour through Mexico, Belize and Guatemala for two people ("Tour") (provided by G Adventures Inc., 19 Charlotte Street, Toronto Ontario, M5V2H5). The Grand Prize consists of:
· Roundtrip coach-class air transportation for two (2) people from the international airport nearest to the Grand Prize Winner's home to Guatemala City, Guatemala and returning from Cancun, Mexico, valued at up to US $6,000.
· The Tour departs September 17, 2014, and lasts for 10 nights, 11 days. The full itinerary, together with details of inclusions and 8iii,exclusions can be found at: http://www.gadventures.com/trips/mayan-encounter/CGME/2014/ (the "Itinerary"). Please note that the prize does not include meals or travel to and from the international airport selected by the Sponsor for the international flights described above. Flights may or may not include a layover. The Tour is valued at US $2,778; and
· US $2,000 spending money to be used at the Grand Prize Winner's discretion.
Total approximate retail value of the Grand Prize is up to US $10,778. All federal, state and local taxes (including, but not limited to, income and sales taxes), fees, costs and expenses not expressly stated herein are the responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner. Examples of fees and costs not provided as part of the Grand Prize include, but are not limited to, change of air travel fees, ground transportation to and from the airport in the United States, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees and/or other expenses. Passport, visa, and vaccination procurement and costs are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest. Please note that mandatory medical insurance, at the cost of the Winner and his/her guest, is required to be able to participate in the Prize-related activities. Grand Prize is subject to the Winner and guest agreeing to G Adventures' booking terms and conditions, found here: gadventures.com/terms-conditions-policies/. Grand Prize applies to the Itinerary only and excludes optional or additional services such as any airfare not expressly included in the Itinerary, transfers, pre- or post-tour accommodation, "My Own Room" or "My Own Tent," insurance, amendments, and all incidentals, meals, gratuities, taxes, fees, levies, and transportation not expressly included in the Itinerary.
Grand Prize may not be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash, except Sponsors may substitute prize with one of equal or greater value. Winner is responsible for any loss of prize or portion of prize after it has been delivered. Sponsors will not replace any lost or stolen prizes. In the event the actual value of the Grand Prize is less than the ARV set forth above, Sponsors will not refund the difference to the Grand Prize Winner. Grand Prize: i) is subject to availability, ii) is valid on new G Adventures bookings only, iii) may not be combined with any other offer or discount, iv) has no cash value, v) is not transferrable, vi) is not eligible for "Lifetime Deposit" nor "Guaranteed Departure" through G Adventure and vii) cannot be exchanged by the Grand Prize Winner. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Contest. If, by reason of a print or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
Grand Prize Winner and guest must be available to travel during the time period set out above or Grand Prize Winner risks forfeiting the prize. Sponsors will, in their sole discretion, determine which international airport is closest to the Grand Prize Winner's home. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel together. Travel subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel arrangements must be made through Sponsors' agent and on an airline carrier of Sponsors' choice. If required, winner must be available to travel on dates specified by Sponsors or risk forfeiting prize. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Grand Prize Winner's guest must be at time of prize fulfillment the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which s/he resides (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, and must complete and return a liability/publicity release prior to prize award. If guest is a minor in his/her state of residence, minor's parent/legal guardian must complete and return all releases on behalf of minor. If Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or participate in the prize travel without a guest, no additional compensation will be awarded. If Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or participate in prize travel with more than one (1) guest, such additional guest(s) shall be responsible for any and all costs associated with such travel. Grand Prize Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option, with the exception of medical insurance, which is mandatory, and hereby acknowledge that Sponsors have not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sponsors. Air travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Contest, and those set forth by Sponsors' airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Grand Prize Winner's and his/her guest's transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Grand Prize Winner, his/her guest and such transportation companies. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as part of the Grand Prize. If a stopover occurs, the Grand Prize travel will terminate and Grand Prize Winner and his/her guests will be responsible for the full fare which will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment(s), including the return. Sponsors shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any air carrier(s) or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. All airline tickets issued in connection with the Grand Prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles and are not eligible for upgrades. Winner and guests must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately.
Please note that the nature of the Grand Prize may be such that it poses health or safety risks, or risks normally associated with travel to the Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest). For this reason, the Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest should consider any health, safety and travel risks and take appropriate precautions (including arrange insurances) to guard against those risks. Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won. Winner will be issued a 1099 tax form for the appropriate retail value of prize. Limit: One (1) Grand Prize per person or household address.
In the event Grand Prize Winner and/or guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsors or any of Sponsors' services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsors reserve the right to terminate the travel early, and send Grand Prize Winner and/or guest home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Grand Prize Winner and/or guest (which may, in Sponsors' sole discretion, result in such Grand Prize Winner's disqualification from the Contest and forfeiture of any (and/or all) prize(s). In the event Grand Prize Winner or guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsors in their sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects Grand Prize Winner or guest to arrest or detention, Sponsors shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Winner or guest as a result of such conduct. Sponsors shall have no liability for any personal injuries, death, property damage, or other damages or expenses resulting from or arising out of any travel related to the GRAND Prize or any other aspect of GRAND Prize Winner's or Guest's acceptance or use of the GRAND Prize.
7. ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to any person who meets all of the following criteria:
· MUST be a legal resident of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia;
· MUST be at least eighteen (18) years of age (or the age of majority in your jurisdiction of residence, whichever is older) at the time of entry;
o MUST be physically capable of participating in all activities associated with any prize awarded in conjunction with this Contest (as described on http://www.gadventures.com/trips/mayan-encounter/CGME/2014/);
o MUST agree to G Adventures' booking terms and conditions, found here: gadventures.com/terms-conditions-policies/;
o MUST have medical insurance; and
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/INTERNET : This Contest is governed by the laws of the United States. Void where prohibited by law and outside the United States. The Contest Parties are not responsible for interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer transmissions or jumbled, scrambled or misdirected entries or transmissions, or for phone, electrical, network, computer hardware or software or program malfunctions, failures or difficulties or for other errors, omissions, interruptions, or deletions of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic or for any damage to any person's computer related to participating in the promotion. Contest Parties are not responsible for illegible, unintelligible, late, lost or stolen entries or incorrect or inaccurate entry information, whether caused by Internet users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest or by any technical or human errors which may occur in the processing of any entries in this Contest. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Contest, as solely determined by Sponsors, will be disqualified and may be subject to prosecution. Any person who attempts to enter with multiple email addresses, under multiple identities or uses any other device or artifice to enter multiple times or to interfere with the proper play of this Contest, will be disqualified from participation in the Contest. If in the judgment of the Sponsors, the Contest is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of the Sponsors, which corrupts the administration, security, fairness or proper play of the Contest, Sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion to discontinue, suspend or terminate the Contest and proceed in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including selecting the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the discontinuation, suspension or termination of the Contest. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR MOBILE APPLICATION OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSORS RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. PRIVACY : Any personally identifiable information collected during an entrant's participation in this Contest will be collected by the Sponsors and used by the Sponsors, their affiliates, agents and marketers for purposes of the proper administration and fulfillment of the Contest as described in these Official Rules and in accordance with Sponsors' Privacy Policies as stated at www.urbanoutfitters.com and http://www.lonelyplanet.com/legal/privacy-policy/.
10. GENERAL : The interpretation of these Official Rules shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Any and all disputes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, in the appropriate courts in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania exclusively, and subject to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. All Federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
11. WINNERS LIST AND OFFICIAL RULES: For a list of winners or a copy of the Official Rules, go to contests.urbanoutfitters.com. Winners list available after 8/27/2014.
12. SPONSORS: Urban Outfitters, Inc., 5000 S Broad St. Philadelphia, PA 19112-1495 and Lonely Planet Publications Inc. 150 Linden Street, Oakland California 34607.
Copyright ©2014 Urban Outfitters, Inc. Urban Outfitters®, Lonely Planet®, Instagram®, Facebook®, Twitter®, and other logos or trademarks listed herein are trademarks their respective companies in the United States and other countries. All rights reserved.