Presented by Urban Outfitters, Inc.
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID OUTSIDE THE U.S. AND WHERE PROHIBITED. OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE (NINETEEN (19) YEARS OF AGE ALABAMA AND NEBRASKA, TWENTY-ONE (21) YEARS OF AGE IN MISSISSIPPI) AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
1. HOW TO ENTER : NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. To enter, during the Sweepstakes Period, you must (1) visit http://contests.urbanoutfitters.com/charlixcxsweeps and follow the instructions to download the Urban On App (if you have not already done so); (2) register for a Urban On account and link your Twitter account(if you do not already have one); (3) follow @urbanoutfitters on Twitter (if you are not already following @urbanoutfitters on Twitter); and (4) post a Tweet that contains the hashtags #URGIFTEDSWEEPSTAKES #CHARLIXCX ("Submission"). Once you have completed all of the steps above and posted your Submission on Twitter, you automatically will be entered with one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You must be a member of Twitter and your account must be set to the "public" setting in order to participate. Go to www.twitter.com to get a free Twitter account if you do not already have one. All entries must be received by 11:59 P.M. ET on 12/6/2014. All entries become property of Urban Outfitters, Inc. (the "Sponsor") and will not be returned.
Limit one (1) entry per person/email address/Twitter account . Additional entries will be disqualified. You must provide all required information to be eligible to enter and win. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded.
Comments and content submitted or uploaded to any Twitter or other type of social media account (individually and together, the "Social Media Account(s)") in connection with this Sweepstakes (collectively, "Content Submissions") may not contain, depict or show any content that: (i) is sexually explicit or suggestive, offensive, lewd, profane, obscene, or contains nudity or racist innuendo; (ii) promotes any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any political agenda or message; (iii) defames, misrepresents or contains disparaging remarks about Sponsor or other companies; (iv) contains trademarks, logos, or trade dress (such as distinctive packaging or building exteriors/interiors) or copyrighted materials (including photographs, sculptures, paintings, and other works of art or images published via websites, television, movies or other media) owned by others, without permission; (v) contains any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, last names (first names are permitted), e-mail addresses or street addresses for any person other than entrant; (vi) communicates messages or images inconsistent with the positive image and good will of Sponsor's brand; and/or (vii) violates any law.
By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrant acknowledges and agrees that he or she will clearly and conspicuously disclose that he or she is participating in this Sweepstakes in any social sharing interaction that references the Sweepstakes or is used to earn an entry in connection with this Sweepstakes. At a minimum, a hashtag such as "#sweepstakes", "#entered","#promoted" or "#ad", or some equivalent thereof, should be included in all social media communications sent in connection with the Sweepstakes. Messages that do not include any required hashtag will not be eligible. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any entrant who does not adequately disclose his or her participation in this Sweepstakes.
Bulk, automated and/or third party entries are prohibited and will be disqualified. Multiple participants are not permitted to share the same email address or Social Media Account. Any attempt by any participant to obtain more than the stated number of plays and/or entries by using multiple and/or different identities, forms, registrations, email addresses, logins, Social Media Accounts or any other methods will void that participant's plays and/or entries, and that participant may be disqualified at Sponsor's discretion. In the event of a dispute as to any entry, the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the pertinent Social Media Account will be deemed to be the entrant. The "authorized account holder" is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder to the Sponsor or forfeit the prize. Entries that are incomplete, illegible, corrupted, false, lost, late or misdirected, deceptive or otherwise not in compliance with the Official Rules may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Normal Internet access, phone, and usage charges imposed by your online or phone service may apply.
By submitting a Content Submission, Entrant warrants and represents that his/her Content Submission is original, has not been previously published or won any award, does not contain any material that would defame or otherwise violate or infringe upon the rights of any third party, including patents, copyrights, trademarks or rights of privacy or publicity, and will not violate any federal, state or local laws or ordinances. Content Submissions must not include any entity's brand name, logo, company name, trademark, service mark, copyrighted material, or material that is in any way proprietary except that of Sponsor. Content Submissions that exceed the applicable platform-permitted file size or length limits, and/or violate these Content Submission requirements and/or the terms of these Official Rules will be disqualified. By submitting a Content Submission, you warrant that the Content Submission does not violate any law, regulation or right of any third party, including but not limited to copyright, trademark, rights of publicity or privacy, that you have followed these Official Rules of the Sweepstakes and that the Content Submission has not been published or submitted in any other competition. If the Content Submission contains an identifiable person other than the Entrant who submitted the Content Submission, by submitting the Content Submission, the Entrant represents and warrants that he/she has obtained the consent of such person to the use of the Content Submission as outlined herein and such person may be required to provide written consent to the Sweepstakes Entities' use of the Content Submission. The Sweepstakes Entities reserve the right in their sole and unfettered discretion to disqualify any Content Submission that they believe is inappropriate or not suitable for publication, that does not comply with these Official Rules, or that is not consistent with the spirit or theme of the Sweepstakes.
Sponsor and Sponsor's agents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives or service providers may use entrants' and/or referrals' personal information submitted with entry for purposes of prize fulfillment and/or for future marketing by Sponsor, such as to notify them of a product or promotion that Sponsor thinks may be of interest. Sponsor will not sell personal information submitted with entry to outside solicitors.
2. SELECTION AND VERIFICATION OF WINNERS : Commencing on or about 12/08/14, an authorized employee will select the name of a potential Grand Prize Winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received. The odds of winning are based on the number of eligible entries received. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be notified on or about 12/08/14 using the email address he/she provided when he/she registered for his/her Urban On account. The potential Grand Prize Winner will be required to sign an affidavit of eligibility and liability release, a publicity release (where legal), and federal and state tax documentation, and must return the same, properly executed, within three (3) days of notification. If a potential Grand Prize Winner cannot be contacted in person via email after the first attempt to contact him/her, or if he/she fails to sign and return the affidavit of eligibility and liability release, publicity release, tax documentation, or any other documentation required by the Sponsor within the required time period (if applicable), or if potential Grand Prize Winner and his/her companion are unavailable to travel within any time period specified by Sponsor, or in the event that a potential Grand Prize Winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner selected by a random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Only Three (3) alternate drawings will be held, after which any remaining prizes will remain un-awarded.
ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE SWEEPSTAKES. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT'S ELIGIBILITY HAS BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE.
3. PRIZES & ODDS OF WINNING: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded in connection with this Sweepstakes. The Grand Prize is a three-day, three-night trip to New York City, which consists of the following:
a. Two (2) round trip economy class flights to New York City from an airport nearest to the Grand Prize Winner's home, as determined by Atlantic Records (the "Prize Provider");
b. All ground transportation to/from the winner's hometown airport, New York City airport and the hotel provided by Prize Provider
c. Three (3) days and three (3) nights at a hotel in New York City for two (2) (one double occupancy room) provided by Prize Provider
d. Two (2) tickets for The Late Night Show with David Letterman taping with Charli XCX on 12/16/2014; with ground transportation provided by Prize Provider
e. VIP treatment for two (2) at an Urban Outfitters store in New York, New York, including a meet and greet with Charli XCX; and
f. One (1) $500 UO gift card for a shopping spree with Charli XCX. Gift card will still be valid if $500 is not spent during shopping spree
Grand Prize Winner must be able to redeem the prize such that he/she is in New York, New York on December 16, 2014, or the prize will be forfeited in its entirety . Grand Prize Winner must respond within 24 hours
Limit one (1) prize per person, per household. Any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes and all fees and expenses related to acceptance and use of prize not specifically stated herein, including but not limited to, change of air travel fees, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, surcharges, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees and/or other expenses, are the responsibility solely of Grand Prize Winner. Terms and conditions apply to the use of gift cards; see front and back of gift card for more information. Prize cannot be substituted, assigned, transferred, or redeemed for cash; however, Prize Provider reserves the right to make equivalent prize substitutions at its sole discretion. Prize Provider will not replace any lost or stolen prizes or components of a prize(s). No responsibility is assumed for any cancellation or rescheduling of any of the components of the Grand Prize or availability or appearance of Charli XCX and/or David Letterman, or taping of the David Letterman Show, or for unavailability of any portion of the prize. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer and is not eligible for "Lifetime Deposit" nor "Guaranteed Departure." Only the number of prizes stated in these Official Rules is available to be won in the Sweepstakes. If, by reason of a technical or other error, more prizes are claimed than the number set forth in these Official Rules, an alternate winner will be selected in accordance with the winner selection method described above from among all eligible claimants making purportedly valid claims to award the advertised number of prizes available.
Travel must be completed by [12/15/2014]. Prize Provider will, in its sole discretion, determine which airport is closest to the Grand Prize Winner's home. If Grand Prize Winner resides within a fifty (50) mile radius of New York, New York, Prize Provider reserves the right to substitute round-trip ground transportation to/from Grand Prize Winner's residence in lieu of air transportation. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel together. Travel subject to availability and blackout dates. Grand Prize Winner and guest are responsible for obtaining all necessary travel documents. Travel arrangements must be made through Prize Provider's agent and on an airline carrier of Prize Provider's choice. Grand Prize Winner must be available to travel on dates specified by Sponsor and/or Prize Provider or risk forfeiting prize. Certain travel restrictions may apply. Grand Prize Winner's guest must be at time of prize fulfillment the age of majority in the jurisdiction in which s/he resides (and at least eighteen (18) years of age), unless accompanied by a parent or legal guardian, and must complete and return a liability/publicity release prior to prize award. If Grand Prize Winner's guest is a minor in his/her state of residence, minor's parent/legal guardian must complete and return all releases on behalf of minor. Grand Prize Winner and guest must travel together on the same itinerary. If Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or participate in the prize travel with less than one (1) guest, no additional compensation will be awarded. If Grand Prize Winner elects to travel or participate in prize travel with more than one (1) guest, such additional guest(s) shall be responsible for any and all costs associated with such travel. Grand Prize Winner and guest are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight except at the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or the Prize Provider. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules, and those set forth by the Prize Provider's airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. The passenger contracts in use by the airlines or other transportation companies shall constitute the sole contracts with respect to the Grand Prize Winner's and his/her guest's transportation and such contracts shall be solely between the Grand Prize Winner, his/her guest and such transportation companies. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets will not be replaced or exchanged. No stopovers are permitted on tickets issued as part of the prize. If a stopover occurs, the prize travel will terminate and Grand Prize Winner and his/her guest will be responsible for the full fare which will be charged from the stopover point for the remaining trip segment(s), including the return. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitutions or any act or omissions whatsoever by any air carrier(s) or other transportation companies or any other persons providing any of these services to passengers including any results thereof such as changes in services or accommodations necessitated by same. All airline tickets issued in connection with the prize are not eligible for frequent flyer miles and are not eligible for upgrades. Grand Prize Winner and guest must comply with all hotel check-in requirements, including, but not limited to, the presentation of a major credit card. Air transportation and hotel accommodations must be taken together and cannot be taken separately.
In the event Grand Prize Winner and/or guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is obnoxious or threatening, illegal, or that is intended to threaten or harass any other person, or that in any way disparages or adversely affects the reputation, image, and/or customer goodwill of Sponsor or any of Sponsor's services, products, trademarks, service marks, or logos, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the travel early, and send Grand Prize Winner and/or guest home with no further obligations or compensation whatsoever to Grand Prize Winner and/or guest (which may, in Sponsor's sole discretion, result in such Grand Prize Winner's disqualification from the Sweepstakes and forfeiture of any (and/or all) prize(s). In the event Grand Prize Winner or guest engages in behavior during travel that (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) is illegal, tortious, or subjects Grand Prize Winner or guest to arrest or detention, Sponsor shall have no obligation to pay any damages, fees, fines, judgments or other costs or expenses of any kind whatsoever incurred by Grand Prize Winner or guest as a result of such conduct. SPONSOR SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY PERSONAL INJURIES, DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, OR OTHER DAMAGES OR EXPENSES RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF ANY TRAVEL RELATED TO THE PRIZE OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF GRAND PRIZE WINNER'S OR GUEST'S ACCEPTANCE OR USE OF THE PRIZE.
4. GENERAL CONDITIONS: This Sweepstakes is governed by the laws of the United States. Participation constitutes entrant's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and to Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Sponsor, and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, damaged, stolen, misdirected, or illegible entries; lost, interrupted, or unavailable network, server, or other connections, garbled transmissions or miscommunications, telephone transmission problems; computer or software malfunctions or damage to a user's computer equipment (software or hardware); technical failures; or other errors or malfunctions of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic, or otherwise. Proof of sending or submission of entry will not be deemed proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
WARNING: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAW, AND, SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be attempting to tamper with or undermine the entry process, the website, and/or the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes; to violate the Official Rules; or to act in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner or with the intent to annoy, abuse, threaten, or harass any other person. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) cancel or terminate the Sweepstakes (or any portion thereof); (b) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (c) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
5. Release and LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY : By participating in this Sweepstakes, entrants agree that Sponsor, Prize Provider, Twitter, Inc. and their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, representatives, consultants, contractors, legal counsel, advertising, public relations, promotional, fulfillment and marketing agencies, web site providers, web masters, and their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives and agents (the "Released Parties") are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes cannot be run as planned, including infection by virus or bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, or for any other reason, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, void any suspect entries and (a) modify the Sweepstakes or suspend the Sweepstakes to address the impairment and then resume the Sweepstakes in a manner that best conforms to the spirit of these Official Rules; and/or (b) award the prize at random from among the eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment.
BY PARTICIPATING IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ENTRANT AGREES THAT THE RELEASED PARTIES WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY WHATSOEVER FOR, AND SHALL BE HELD HARMLESS BY ENTRANTS AGAINST, ANY LIABILITY FOR ANY INJURIES, LOSSES OR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND TO PERSONS, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES TO PROPERTY OR PERSONS, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY OR DEATH, RESULTING IN WHOLE OR IN PART, DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, FROM ACCESS TO AND USE OF ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES, ACCEPTANCE, POSSESSION, MISUSE, OR USE OF THE PRIZE, ENTRY, OR PARTICIPATION IN THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR IN ANY SWEEPSTAKES-RELATED ACTIVITY, OR ANY CLAIMS BASED ON PUBLICITY RIGHTS, DEFAMATION OR INVASION OF PRIVACY, OR MERCHANDISE DELIVERY. THE RELEASED PARTIES ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE IF ANY PRIZE CANNOT BE AWARDED DUE TO CANCELLATIONS, DELAYS, OR INTERRUPTIONS, ACTS OF GOD, ACTS OF WAR, NATURAL DISASTERS, WEATHER, OR TERRORISM.
WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING REGARDING THIS SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING ALL PRIZES, IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY. CHECK LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
6. PUBLICITY RELEASE; INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: EXCEPT WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW, PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES CONSTITUTES WINNER'S GRANT TO SPONSOR (WHICH GRANT WILL BE CONFIRMED IN WRITING ON REQUEST OF SPONSOR), AND THE RELEASED PARTIES THE RIGHT AND PERMISSION TO PRINT, PUBLISH, BROADCAST, AND USE, WORLD WIDE IN ANY MEDIA NOW KNOWN OR HEREAFTER DEVELOPED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE WORLD WIDE WEB, AT ANY TIME OR TIMES, THE WINNER'S ENTRY, NAME, PORTRAIT, PICTURE, VOICE, LIKENESS, OPINIONS AND BIOGRAPHICAL INFORMATION (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO HOMETOWN AND STATE) FOR ADVERTISING, TRADE, AND PROMOTIONAL PURPOSES (INCLUDING THE ANNOUNCEMENT OF HIS OR HER NAME ON TELEVISION OR RADIO BROADCAST) WITHOUT ADDITIONAL CONSIDERATION, COMPENSATION, PERMISSION, OR NOTIFICATION.
7. DISPUTES. Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania or the appropriate State Court located in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania.
9. ELIGIBILITY: Contest is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and District of Columbia, who are at least eighteen (18) years of age at the time of entry. Officers, directors, and employees (including members of their household or their immediate family members, i.e. parent, spouse, child or sibling and persons residing with them) of Sponsor, Atlantic Records, their respective subsidiaries, affiliated companies, distributors, advertising/promotion and/or fulfillment agencies and all other companies or entities associated with the Contest (hereinafter collectively referred to as "Sponsor & Others") are not eligible to participate or win. Potential WINNER IS subject to verification by Sponsor, whose decision is final AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST. An entrant is not a winner of any prize unless and until entrant's eligibility HAS been verified, entrant has completed and submitted an affidavit of eligibility, and entrant has been notified that verification is complete .
10. OFFICIAL RULES & WINNERS' LIST : For a copy of the Official Rules, go to http://contests.urbanoutfitters.com/charlixcxsweeps, and for a list of winners (available after 12/08/2014), go to Sweepstakess.urbanoutfitters.com.
11. SPONSOR : Urban Outfitters, Inc., 5000 S Broad St. Philadelphia, PA 19112-1495.
© 2014 Urban Outfitters, Inc. Urban Outfitters®, Twitter®, Atlantic Records® and all other logos or trademarks listed herein are trademarks of their respective companies in the United States and abroad. All rights reserved.