TERMS & CONDITIONS
URBAN OUTFITTERS "SHOW US YOUR VANS" CONTEST
1. ELIGIBILITY: Urban Outfitters "Show Us Your Vans" ( "Contest") is offered and open only to legal residents of, and residing within, the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is greater, at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors and independent contractors of Urban Outfitters ("Sponsor"), Vans, Inc., Instagram, Inc., their respective affiliates, and subsidiaries (all of the former to be collectively referred to herein as the "Sponsor & Others") and other individuals and entities involved in the creation, preparation of materials, administration or fulfillment of this Contest and each of their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, siblings, children, parents and the "steps" of each) and those living in the same household as such individuals (whether or not related), are not eligible to enter or win. Void wherever prohibited.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF THE 50 UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS GREATER, AT THE TIME OF ENTRY.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
2. VERY BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE CONTEST: The Contest starts on 5/1/2012 at 9:00 A.M., EST and ends on 5/31/2012 at 11:59 P.M., EST ("Contest Period"). Entry into the Contest is based solely through Instagram. The individual who is registered on Instagram and posts the photograph will be regarded as the entrant and will be deemed to represent the photo.
3. TO ENTER THE CONTEST: Visit the Instagram application and log on to your Instagram account. Post a photo of your Vans shoes and include the hashtag #UoxVans and @urban_outfitters in the caption field ("Submission").
5. REPRESENTATIONS/ WARRANTIES; GRANTS/WAIVERS; AND
INDEMNIFICATION/RELEASE AS CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: (A) REPRESENTATIONS/WARRANTIES: By registering and uploading a Photograph, you represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal capacity to enter this Contest; (ii) you have obtained the necessary and or needed permissions to submit this Photograph; (iii) anyone appearing in the photo has granted you all necessary rights regarding the use or submission of the Photograph, and you can and will make written copies of such permission available to the Sponsor upon request.; (iv) you own all rights and title to the Photograph; (v) no third party has any ownership interests in or rights to it and that it is not attributable to any third party; (vi) your Photograph does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; (vii) the Photograph has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; (vii) the Photograph has not been re-purposed or previously published or distributed in any media; (viii) you have obtained permission from each person who has in any way participated in or whose efforts have in any way contributed to the creation or production of the Photograph, and that such person(s) has granted you all necessary rights regarding the use or submission of the Photograph, and you can and will make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request. If such person is a minor, such grant of rights must include written permission from the minor's parent or legal guardian. (B) GRANTS/WAIVERS: By uploading a Photograph, you irrevocably grant Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional, unlimited and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, edit, publish, post, broadcast, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use, reuse, or not use your Photograph or any portion of your Photograph in any and all media without limitation, worldwide and throughout perpetuity, without additional compensation, notice to, or approval from you. You understand and agree that although you have granted Sponsor the right to use or reuse the Photograph or any portion thereof as stated hereinabove, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect not to so use any said Photograph. YOU REPRESENT, UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU WILL BE PAID FOR OR RECEIVE ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION OR ROYALTY IN EXCHANGE FOR GRANTING SPONSOR THESE RIGHTS OR FOR ANY SUBSEQUENT USE, POSTING, DISPLAY OR EXHIBIT OF SUCH PHOTOGRAPH BY SPONSOR (OTHER THAN THE PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED TO WINNERS.) You hereby waive all intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might limit or preclude Sponsor's use of the Photograph and agree not to sue or assert any claim against Sponsor & Others arising out of or connected to the use, posting, display or exhibit of the Photograph or your participation in this Contest. (C) INDEMNIFICATION/RELEASE: You further agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor & Others harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of them due to or arising out of your submission, uploading, posting, display or exhibit of the Photograph, or your conduct in creating the Photograph or other actions in connection with this Contest including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; work product, violation of an individual's right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation. You further agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor & Others from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes your rights with regard to the Photograph or any portion thereof. As stated above, posting or publication of a Photograph does not mean that Sponsor has determined the Photograph is in compliance with these Official Rules. Photographs that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion may be disqualified and removed from the website belonging to or controlled by Sponsor at any time.
6. Judging: (A) CRITERIA: The Submissions will be judged by a panel of Sponsor's employees ("Contest Judges") according to the following criteria:
(i) Style/Creativity - 60%
(ii) Photographic Quality - 30%
(iii) Caption - 10%
(B) JUDGING PROCESS: Commencing on or about 6/11/2012, the Contest Judges will review and evaluate the Contest entries according to the criteria stated above and the Contest Entry that receives the highest score will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. The potential Winner will be notified on or about 6/25/2012 by email. NOTE: All potential Winners and their respective Contest Entries are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules and completion and return of all required documents. Entrants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding.
7. CONTEST PRIZES: Grand Prize (1): Grand Prize Winner will receive one (1) Size 66 Vans Blanket Weave Sneaker and one (1) $500 Urban Outfitters Gift Card. (Total ARV $600) NOTE: Regardless of Gift Card won, Gift Cards must be used in compliance with their terms and conditions and as allowed by law. Sponsor is not responsible for misplaced, lost, stolen or tampered with Gift Cards. All federal, state and local taxes are solely the responsibility of each Prize Winner.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/ INTERNET: No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor & Others resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or his/her ability or inability to post/upload or download any information or Photographs in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor & Others for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of any website involved in this Contest in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or on any website involved in this Contest; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, viruses, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for any typographical errors in these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained in the any website related to this Contest. The use of any robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods in this Contest are prohibited and the use or attempted use of such will void any attempted participation effected by such methods, may result in the cancellation, termination, or modification of the Promotion and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of any website related to this Contest or the download of any information from such website. By participating in the Contest, a participant releases Sponsor & Others from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to participation in the Contest. By accepting a Prize, the winner agrees that Sponsor & Others shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest; damage, damage to or theft or loss of a Photograph, or acceptance or use of any Prize or Prize-related activity. Sponsor & Others are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event"). If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest or any portion of it and proceed in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of winners from among eligible Photographs received prior to such cancellation, modification or termination. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry, judging or voting process or the operation of the Contest; (b) violating the Official Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
10. PUBLICITY RIGHTS: By accepting a Prize, winners agree to allow Sponsor and its designees the perpetual right to use their name, biographical information, photographs and/or likeness, and statements for promotion, trade, commercial, advertising and publicity purposes, at any time or times, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, world wide, including but not limited to on the World Wide Web and Internet, without notice, review or approval and without additional compensation except where prohibited by law.
12. WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners, go to contests.urbanoutfitters.com after 7/1/2012.
SPONSOR: Urban Outfitters Direct, 5000 South Broad Street, Philadelphia, PA19112-1495
These "Show Us Your Vans" Rules may not be re-printed or re-published in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Urban Outfitters Direct.
© 2012 UO.com LLC