TERMS & CONDITIONS
URBAN OUTFITTERS "SHOW AND TELL" CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN.
A PRODUCT PURCHASE OR PAYMENT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
OPEN TO LEGAL RESIDENTS OF, AND RESIDING WITHIN, THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES AND DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA, WHO ARE AT LEAST EIGHTEEN (18) YEARS OF AGE OR THE AGE OF MAJORITY IN THEIR STATE OF RESIDENCE, WHICHEVER IS GREATER, AT THE TIME OF ENTRY. VOID ELSEWHERE AND WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Urban Outfitters "Show and Tell" Contest ("Contest") is offered and open only to legal residents of, and residing within, the 50 United States and District of Columbia who are at least eighteen (18) years of age or the age of majority in their state of residence, whichever is greater, at the time of entry. Employees, officers and directors and independent contractors of Urban Outfitters ("Sponsor"), Contest Judges, their respective parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries (all of the former to be collectively referred to herein as the "Sponsor & Others") and other individuals and entities involved in the creation, preparation of materials, administration or fulfillment of this Promotion and each of their immediate family members (e.g., spouse, siblings, children, parents and the "steps" of each) and those living in the same household as such individuals (whether or not related), are not eligible to enter or win. Void wherever prohibited.
2. VERY BRIEF OVERVIEW OF THE CONTEST: To enter, entrant must go to www.urbanoutfitters.com; and submit a product review with a photograph ("Submission"). Submissions must be submitted between 5/4/2012 at 9:00 A.M. EST and 6/15/2012 at 11:59 P.M. EST ("Entry Period"). Submissions must include a written review and a photograph which includes the product for which the review is written for. All Submissions must be received prior to the end of the Contest Period. On or about 6/18/2012, a panel of Sponsor's employees will judge the Contest Submissions according to the criteria stated in Rule 6 below to select one (1) potential Grand Prize Winner. Sponsor or its representatives have and maintain the right, at all times and in their sole discretion, to determine that a Contest Submission contains inappropriate content, may infringe a third party's copyright, intellectual property right or right of privacy, is irrelevant to the Contest or its goal, or is otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules and to disqualify such Contest Entry from the Contest. BE SURE TO CAREFULLY READ THESE OFFICIAL RULES BEFORE SUBMITTING YOUR CONTEST ENTRY AS YOU WILL BE BOUND BY THEM.
3. TO ENTER THE CONTEST: Go to www.urbanoutfitters.com and submit an online product review and add a photo to your review. Submission of an online product review, and entry in this Contest, requires user to have an Urban Outfitters Customer Account. If you do not already have an Urban Outfitters Customer Account, you will be prompted to create an account when you click the "Write a Review" Link. In order for your Submission to be eligible to compete in this Contest, it must comply with all of these Official Rules and the Terms & Conditions provided within the product review page. Submissions become the property of Urban Outfitters Direct ("Sponsor") and will not be returned. SUBMISSION MUST ALSO COMPLY WITH THE TERMS, CONDITIONS AND POLICIES OF THE WEBSITE TO WHICH IT HAS BEEN UPLOADED AND POSTED. NOTE: Although your Submission may be accepted, its acceptance does not constitute the Sponsor's decision or agreement that your Submission is in compliance with these Official Rules, and Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify a Submission at any such time it determines a Submission does not comply with these Official Rules. Before submitting your entry, you must indicate your agreement that you have read, understand and agree to be bound by these Official Rules and that you have obtained all of the necessary permissions and releases from all persons involved in creating, producing and/or appearing in any Photograph or if such persons are minors in their state of residence, the permission and release of their parent or legal guardian. Once a Submission has been uploaded, it may not be changed or edited.
4. SUBMISSION FORMAT & CONTENT REQUIREMENTS: Unless expressly noted otherwise, the following requirements apply to all Submissions. (A) Format: (i) (The Review and Photograph must be added to the "Write A Review" page on www.urbanoutfitters.com; (ii) the Submission must have been created by you or you must have obtained permission from each person who has in any way participated in or whose efforts have in any way contributed to the creation or production of the Submission and that such person(s) has granted you all necessary rights regarding the use of the Submission, and you can and will make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request; (B) Propriety of a Submission's Content: A Submission: (i) cannot, with the exception of Sponsor and its logos and brands, show, contain, mention, depict, refer or otherwise allude to the name or logo of any retailer, manufacturer, brand, product, store, place of business, person, company or character regardless of whether or not such is a competitor of Sponsor or competes with any of Sponsor's products; (ii) cannot contain, mention, refer or otherwise allude to any sexually explicit or suggestive, obscene, lewd, violent, illegal, offensive, disparaging or inappropriate words, abbreviations, language, signs, products, symbols, political, personal and/or religious references or statements, (including but not limited to words or symbols that are widely considered offensive to individuals of a certain race, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation or socioeconomic group); (iii) cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs or tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (iv) cannot in any manner defame, misrepresent, contain disparaging remarks or reflect negatively about Sponsor, its products or other people, products or companies or their products, or in any way reflect negatively upon such parties or communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill with which Sponsor wishes to be associated, as determined by the Sponsor in its sole discretion; (vi) cannot contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, email addresses or street addresses, without permission; (vi) cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; (vii) cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law; and (viii) must otherwise be in compliance with all of the provisions of these Official Rules as stated herein. As also stated above and below in these Official Rules, the submission of a Review does not mean the Submission has been deemed to be in compliance with these Official Rules. Sponsor reserves the right at any time during the Contest Period to disqualify a Submission in its sole discretion, does not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contains prohibited or inappropriate content and in the event of such removal, the Submission will be disqualified and will not be eligible to compete for the Grand Prize.
5. REPRESENTATIONS/ WARRANTIES; GRANTS/WAIVERS; AND INDEMNIFICATION/RELEASE AS CONDITIONS OF ENTRY: (A) REPRESENTATIONS/WARRANTIES: By registering and uploading a Submission, you represent and warrant that: (i) you have the legal capacity to enter this Contest; (ii) you own all rights and title to the Submission; (iii) your Submission does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, publicity rights or any other legal or moral rights of any third party; (iv) your Submission has not been entered in or won previous contests or awards; (v) the Submission has not been re-purposed or previously published or distributed in any media; (vi) you have obtained permission from each person who has in any way participated in or whose efforts have in any way contributed to the creation or production of the Submission and that such person(s) has granted you all necessary rights regarding the use of the Submission, and you can and will make written copies of such permissions available to the Sponsor upon request. If such person is a minor, such grant of rights must include written permission from the minor's parent or legal guardian. (B) GRANTS/WAIVERS: By uploading a Review, you irrevocably grant Sponsor and its affiliates, legal representatives, assigns, agents and licensees, the unconditional, unlimited and perpetual right and permission to reproduce, encode, store, copy, transmit, edit, publish, post, broadcast, display, adapt, exhibit and/or otherwise use, reuse, or not use your Submission or any portion of your Submission in any and all media without limitation, worldwide and throughout perpetuity, without additional compensation, notice to, or approval from you. You understand and agree that although you have granted Sponsor the right to use or reuse your Submission or any portion thereof as stated hereinabove, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect not to use any said Submission. YOU REPRESENT, UNDERSTAND AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE PAID FOR OR RECEIVE ANY FORM OF COMPENSATION OR ROYALTY IN EXCHANGE FOR GRANTING SPONSOR THESE RIGHTS OR FOR ANY SUBSEQUENT USE, POSTING, DISPLAY OR EXHIBIT OF SUCH SUBMISSION BY SPONSOR (OTHER THAN THE PRIZE THAT MAY BE AWARDED TO THE GRAND PRIZE WINNER.) You hereby waive all intellectual property rights, privacy/publicity rights or other legal or moral rights that might limit or preclude Sponsor's use of your Submission and agree not to sue or assert any claim against Sponsor & Others arising out of or connected to the use, posting, display or exhibit of the Submission or your participation in this Contest.
(C)INDEMNIFICATION/RELEASE: You further agree to indemnify and hold Sponsor & Others harmless from any and all claims, damages, expenses, costs (including reasonable attorneys' fees) and liabilities (including settlements), brought or asserted by any third party against any of them due to or arising out of your Submission, uploading, posting, display or exhibit of your Submission, or your conduct in creating the Submission or other actions in connection with this Contest including but not limited to claims for trademark infringement, copyright infringement; work product, violation of an individual's right of publicity or right of privacy; or defamation. You further agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor & Others from any and all claims that any advertising subsequently produced, presented, and/or prepared by or on behalf of Sponsor infringes your rights with regard to the Submission or any portion thereof. As stated above, posting or publication of a Submission does not mean that Sponsor has determined the Submission is in compliance with these Official Rules. Submissions that do not comply with these Official Rules or that otherwise contain prohibited or inappropriate content as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion may be disqualified and removed from the Website and any other website belonging to or controlled by Sponsor at any time.
6. JUDGING: (A) CRITERIA: The Submissions will be judged by a panel of Sponsor's employees ("Contest Judges") according to the following criteria:
(i) Overall Style/Creativity - 50%
(ii) Quality of Photograph - 30%
(iii) Quality of Written Review - 20%
(B) JUDGING PROCESS: Commencing on or about 6/18/2012, the Contest Judges will review and evaluate the Contest entries according to the criteria stated above and the Contest Entries that receive the two highest score will be deemed the Grand Prize Winners. The potential Winners will be notified on or about 6/25/2012 by email. NOTE: All potential Winners and their respective Contest Entries are subject to verification, including without limitation, verification of eligibility, compliance with these Official Rules and completion and return of all required documents. Entrants agree that the Sponsor has the sole right to decide all matters and disputes arising from this Contest and that all decisions of Sponsor are final and binding.
7. PRIZE: One (1) Grand Prize Winners will receive one (1) $1000 Urban Outfitters Gift Card (ARV: $1000). Gift Cards are good towards the purchase of merchandise at participating Urban Outfitter Stores, at urbanoutfitters.com, through the Urban Outfitters catalogue or by phone. Gift Cards must be used subject to their stated terms and conditions and as permitted by state law. Sponsors are not responsible for lost or stolen Gift Cards.
8. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY/ INTERNET: No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor & Others resulting from any user's participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or his/her ability or inability to upload or download any information or Photographs in connection with participating in the Contest. No responsibility or liability is assumed by Sponsor & Others for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Website in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Website or related websites; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, viruses, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for any typographical errors in these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained in the Website or any Contest related website. The use of any robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party or like methods in this Contest are prohibited and the use or attempted use of such will void any attempted participation effected by such methods, may result in the cancellation, termination, or modification of the Promotion and the disqualification of the individual utilizing the same. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON (S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Use of the Website and any Contest related website is at user's own risk. Sponsor & Others are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user's or any other person's computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Website or any Contest related website or the download of any information from the Website. By participating in the Contest, a participant releases Sponsor & Others from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to participation in the Contest. By accepting the Grand Prize, submitters agree that Sponsor & Others shall not be liable for any loss or injury resulting from participation in the Contest; damage, damage to or theft or loss of a Photograph, or acceptance or use of the Grand Prize or Grand Prize-related activity whether or not hosted by Sponsor or a third party. Sponsor & Others are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a "Force Majeure Event"). If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer viruses, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest or any portion of it and proceed in a manner it deems fair and reasonable, including the selection of winners from among eligible Photographs received prior to such cancellation, modification or termination. Further, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry, judging or voting process or the operation of the Contest; (b) violating the Official Rules; or (c) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
10. GENERAL: By entering this Promotion, Submitters agree to abide by and accept these Official Rules. Submitters waive any right to claim ambiguity in these Official Rules. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of a winner based on an email address, the winning entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. The interpretation of these official rules shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Any and all disputes will be resolved individually, and without resort to class action, in the appropriate courts in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania exclusively, and subject to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Should there be a conflict between the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania and any other laws, the conflict will be resolved in favor of the laws of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
11. WINNER LIST: To obtain the name of the Winner, go to http://contests.urbanoutfitters.com after 6/30/2012.
Sponsor: Urban Outfitters, Inc., 5000 S Broad St. Philadelphia, PA 19112-1495
These "Show and Tell" Rules may not be re-printed or re-published in whole or in part without the prior written consent of Urban Outfitters Direct.
© 2012 UO.com LLC